- Instructor of Human Resources and HR Planning courses to both adults and post-secondary students
- Guest speaker at a number of insurance industry and HR management events.
- Immediate Past Chair of the Board of Parkinson Canada
- Current member of the Board’s Insurance Committee of the Ontario Medical Association (OMA)
- Current member of the HR Advisory Committee of George Brown College
Daphne J. FitzGerald CHRL CHRE
Daphne FitzGerald is a co-founder and principal of BOARDrx Inc. and ORGrx and owner of Capital G Consulting Inc. Daphne spent more than 28 years at an international financial services organization before leaving to form her own company in 2002. During her corporate career she held a number of senior management positions and was a member of the organization’s executive team for more than 14 years. Key positions included Senior Vice President, Corporate Development, responsible for the organization’s human resources, organizational development, strategic planning, and corporate communication portfolios and President of two different strategic business units of the organization.
- Past Chair of the Board of the Human Resources Professionals Association (HRPA), Canada’s largest HR professional association
- Past Chair of the Board of the Canadian Council of Human Resources Associations (CCHRA).
- Former board member & committee chair of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce
- Former board member of the Ontario Workers Compensation Board (now WSIB)
- Recipient of the 2002 Queen’s Jubilee Medal
Terrie Russell MES
Terrie Russell is a co-founder and principal of BOARDrx Inc. and ORGrx and sole proprietor of RHA Associates. Terrie has been a successful entrepreneur and change management consultant for over twenty years. She is known for her independent and objective thinking and prides herself on delivering results. Terrie’s proactive and collaborative leadership style has built her reputation as a trusted and respected coach and colleague. Her track record includes many successive and long term assignments for a clientele of over 50 large and small organizations across both the private and public sectors. As a founder and principal of BOARDrx Inc. and its new brand ORGrx, she is now devoting her time, energy and experience to bringing more effective governance, strategic thinking and innovation to the not-profit sector.
- Founder & Principal, BOARDrx Inc. (2004 – present)
- Senior Partner, Russell Hille Associates (1987 – present)
- Executive Coordinator, West End Urban Health Alliance (2007 – 2015)
- Director, Human Resources, Enbridge (1984 – 1987)
- Course Director, Atkinson Liberal & Professional Studies, York University (1992 – 1995)
- Master in Environmental Studies, Organization Transformation, York University (1990)
- Toronto Chapter Coordinator, Dying with Dignity Canada (2015 – present)
- Chair, Strategic Planning, Local Enhancement & Appreciation of Forests (2011 – present)
- Chair, Integration Committee, West Toronto Support Services (2007 – 2015)
- Chair, Fund Development, Women’s Legal Education and Action Fund (2008 – 2010)
- President, Board of Directors, Kensington Youth Theatre & Employment Skills (2002 – 2008)
We are proud to be associated with two other professionals who from time-to-time join us on assignment, depending upon the nature of the work involved and the depth of the project in question.
Jawad Kassab LLB, MBA, MDiv
Jawad is a mission-driven, fiscally responsible, strategic thinker committed to social justice and healthy communities, who leads change with compassion and strength. Jawad has spent most of his career ensuring access to justice for refugees and immigrants, transforming business operations, building productive relationships, and improving governance in the legal, health and social services sectors. For over 22 years, Jawad worked at Legal Aid Ontario (LAO), most recently as Executive Lead for LAO’s $32M Refugee and Immigration Program transforming its operations and services with a focus on quality improvement, cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
Demonstrating his commitment to governance and community, Jawad has served as director on a number of Boards, including Parkinson’s Canada, Four Villages Community Health Center, Silver Circle West Toronto Support Services for Seniors, and Fred Victor.
Jawad has Master’s of Business Administration from Ivey, a LLB from Dalhousie, and Master’s of Divinity from University of Toronto.
Diane is an organizational consultant with 30+ years working in retail, healthcare and in global financial services in Canada and the United States in both unionized and non-unionized workplaces. Throughout her corporate career, Diane held a number of key senior management positions and established a reputation as trusted advisor and for actively partnering with CEOs and executive teams to drive change and results through people. Diane has extensive experience in Human Resources, Communications and Shared Services and through this experience has been responsible for complex and challenging projects, strategy development, corporate culture, change management, employee engagement and talent/leadership development and coaching.
Some of Diane’s notable accomplishments include a major integration of the Human Resources & Communications functions of five companies in the United States and a turnaround and revitalization of the Human Resources function leading to acknowledgement as one of the top 100 Employers for Working Women, and one of the top 50 Employers by AARP (American Association for Retired People).
Diane also led the team and the charge for a major Canadian luxury retailer to be recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed companies for five successive years.
- Proven results and experience in all aspects of Human Resources strategy and execution
- Change Management planning and implementation through multiple scenarios – acquisition, integration, change in strategy, growth, new business development
- Talent, Coaching and Leadership development working with and motivating leaders to deliver results through people
- Employee engagement and communication with a focus on the importance of their alignment
- Organization development and effectiveness providing alternatives to best suit company needs, timing and budget